Monday, November 1, 2010

Holidays, Sharing & Community

Halloween was a blast this year; I wouldn't have changed a thing. Using the props from the HALLOWEEN KID FUN, I set up a little display for the Trick-or-Treaters. It was a perfect little area for our carved pumpkins. I had not carved a pumpkin in years...so this year it was time to fully enjoy everything Halloween. I made sure to save the seeds for baking; like I used to do when I was a kid...
 It was a really good night. In all the hustle and bustle, sometimes it is easy to go without Quality Time. Where there is no TV on, no where to be, no demanding task pulling attention....just being able to spend time together. What I love most about the holidays is the down time. Sure the holidays can be hectic, with squeezing in a lot in a little span of time. But those moments of just being in the moment are my favorite. When you realize that you are loving the moment, living in it for what it is...I LOVE when that happens! Life is too short to not love the little moments.

Well, the pumpkins seemed to go over really well - lots of compliments on the glowing Jack-O-Lanterns. The baked pumpkin seeds however, the verdict is still out...why did I love those so much when I was a kid?? And why did I bake the seeds from both our pumpkins??

So, the start of the holidays are here. Halloween weekend went over without any real hitches...except the family portrait. That would be me, Corey and the dogs...can't say I'm too sorry about missing putting my camera on a tri-pod and attempting to capture two dogs looking away from us at the camera; that is assuming they wouldn't run at the camera and knock it over! Maybe I will still give it a go, we will see. Now, I am looking forward to Thanksgiving, where I will be cooking a turkey for the first time. Not a little wimpy one, but a real big 20ish lb beauty! So wish me luck on that when the time gets closer.


Then, of course the major holiday: Christmas (Hanukkah, Kwanzaa or even Festivus; whichever it may be). The present sharing begins. I don't know what it is, but I LOVE giving gifts. I am sure there are others out there that love to give too.  So, just in time for the holiday season: Amy Gillespie Photography GIFT CARDS are here. Great for just about any occasion the ones you love will have in the new year!
Gifts or time, it is the season of sharing and giving. This year I plan on doing bell ringing again for the Salvation Army. We'll see if I can get Corey out with me. If you have a charity you are passionate about, share it. People coming together make the biggest difference.  It is my goal to try and make as big of a difference as I can for the charities that are closet to my heart. It starts here, with each person, in each community. See Charity and Community Events from 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment