Thursday, January 27, 2011

all things february

There is something about February that is so great. It is the shortest month of the year and that can help Winter seem to go by a little faster. :) It is the month of Valentine's Day, so there is always the feeling of LOVE in the air. So while the feeling of LOVE is here and Winter ending soon; spread your wings and get out to get some pictures of your little cherubs. Titzy's in Royal Oak is having a Winter/Valentine's Day event and I will be there all afternoon, taking photos. I will have wings and all things red, love, and cherub like! :)
In the spirit of Valentine's Day and all things LOVE. When you think about Valentine's Day, cherubs and little angels, it makes sense to think about church. Last year I was doing an architectural project of churches in Detroit and started seeing that a lot of churches have red doors. So the Red Door Project was born. Recently this year, I had the Red Door Project on display at the Franklin Grill and now it is home and part of a gallery on my dining room walls. Here is a look into the Red Door Project:

On the horizons there are lots and lots of fun and exciting events coming up. Be sure to keep your eye out as events come up to see how you can be a part of them! First things first, is the new year is always a good time to look ahead and think about what charities will be donated to throughout the year. I have my favorites I give to annually, and want to know yours. So What's Your Charity?
Tell me why your charity should be picked. Every year in the summer I do a charity event, this year it can be for yours. Tell me why and we will make it big! Create a buzz, get a lot of people together to donate and it all goes to your charity. So tell me why yours should win.

If Winter has got you thinking about the budding blossoms of Spring, warmer weather and getting outside - you are not alone. There are some great events coming up this Spring you are going to want to look for announcements on: Diva Day in March, April Showers in April, May Flowers in May, Mom and Me Day in April. Spring is going to be bringing lots of great things. :)

Here is a preview of the invite for DIVA DAY:

The last bit of information I would like to share with you this week is the launching of Lemon Sugar Designs. Lemon Sugar has been a bit of a pet project. It is everything that interests me outside of what I do everyday; which is a lot. Lemon Sugar Designs is a store on Etsy. It is all about Home Design items. More and more things are going to be added; from paper goods, photo design templates you can use, prints, matte prints, more canvas wraps, standouts, and more framed pieces. So be sure to check it regularly for updates. Also, I created a writing blog that is a way for me to talk about the stories behind some of the fine art pieces and designs you see from me. So, you are just going to have to read all about it on: lemon sugar the blog
So, whenever you see this image, or these colors or the Lemon Sugar Designs name - just know it is brought to you by Amy Gillespie Photography.

Wishing you the best this week and an even better weekend!! xoxoxoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment